This aloneness is worth more than a thousand lives
This freedom is worth more than all the lands on earth
To be one with the truth for just a moment,
Is worth more than the world and life itself
– Jalaluddin Rumi
- All the books you have read, lectures you have heard, notes you have taken have finally brought you to a place where you need to drop everything
- Stop listening to the hundreds of people describing the taste of honey to you. Pick up the spoon of honey in front of you and put it in your mouth. It is time to experience and not just to know concepts
- Just for 30 seconds. Just for 30 seconds drop everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Even drop the voice that is telling you Rajan is wrong because Vivekananda said something else or Vivekachudamani says something else. Actually every Vedantic teacher and book is saying the same thing. It is only the mind trapped in maya that is creating these chitta vrittis of rejection and analysis. Just DROP DROP DROP EVERYTHING. Just for 30 seconds
- Drop everything till there is only silence. Not a physical silence. Don’t look for a physical silence otherwise the mind will say, ‘I still hear the sound of the fan’. This silence is the silence of no thought. That place where you cannot drop anything any more. You can drop everything except your feeling of existence.
- The Chandogya Upanishad declares ‘Sat Eva Soumya Idam Agra Aseet’. ‘In the beginning, my dear son, there was only existence’. Can you drop everything till you reach the core of your existence? You will not be able to drop this. Try as you may you cannot drop it. Because how can you drop your true nature. The ONLY truth that really exists. How can you drop it? It is impossible.
- You can only abide in it or rather abide as it. This is your turtle shell under which nothing can bother you because there is so much power and freedom in this abidance
- This that you experience after dropping everything is older than the hills.
- Try it now and tell me if tears do not come to your eyes because you are now lying in the lap of Mother Durga herself and she is running her fingers through your hair. In this state of abidance nothing can touch you because nothing else exists. This is the true experience of Advaita.
Om Namah Shivayah